Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Why Don't You Mind Your Own Business?

   As I mature, reality has shown me, I talk too much. I talk about people I don't know. I talk about people I do know. Friends develop the tendency to form opinions of what others should or should not do.What affords me the right to judge you? My life isn't together...but I will sit here and past judgment in a minute. I have just as many questionable decisions made as the next person but of course I never see what I need to do. But when my girlfriends get together and discuss me, I'm sure they have a plenty of suggestions, that they conveniently forget to share with me....thus like I said in the title...MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! With the exception of maybe three or four people, everyone I know has plenty of room for personal improvement.
We could all use a bit of personal development:
  •   Continuing Education- Americans are less educated than they were 20 years ago. With more televised programming and the internet, how many people read meaningful books that enrich their lives?
  •   A Healthier Lifestyle-Obesity is alarming in the African-American community, I see women looking phenomenal, designer bags and shoes, but they are thirty to forty pounds over weight. Use the hour spent on B.S. to walk around your neighborhood!
  •   Volunteer- So many people are unemployed, take this excellent opportunity to go to you local elementary school and donate an hour or two of your time. You will feel great and the school NEEDS the assistance. If you cannot deal with the children, try a hospital or a home for Senior Citizens.
  Spend time working you and making better decisions in your life. You will have no time to talk so much about others. No one is perfect and I am sure I will be discussing BBW LA later but I am making a conscious effort to work on YOLANDA. (ME) The 12 step program starts with the first step! Take the first step in becoming a better you. We are all "they" collectively. I am mentioning "they" because most statements begin with, "girl they said, blah, blah, blah".It's time to discuss what is most important.....YOU!

P.S. If you are my personal friend do not take this personally!

Proceed with Caution!

3 comments:

  1. This is so true and such good advice! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true and such good advice! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks!
    Please keeping viewing and making comments

    ReplyDelete