Sunday, October 16, 2011

Are Television Evangelists the New Pimps?

  And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marveled at him. Mark 12:15
 This scripture is the one instance I remember when Jesus Christ spoke of a financial obligation. Salvation is free, the only requirement is belief. I am not a bible scholar, but I do know most of the time when the rich were mentioned in bible is not positive outcome. So can anyone explain to me why and how these self-proclaimed bishops are living in mansions, driving the most expensive cars in the world, traveling the world on G-5 jets, wearing tailored clothing and selling the word of God to people all of the world? How can one Shepherd look after 25,000 sheep? He can't. That's why although you may have attended a mega church for years, if you, your mother, your daughter or your dog dies; the "Bishop" ain't coming! He will most likely send a senior minister and a pre-typed resolution.
    Is there any proof Paul was selling his epistles to the first saints? Did Peter have a palace? I am asking myself these questions because in a time where Blacks have the highest unemployment rates in the country, the highest foreclosure rates, and the lowest wealth and education rates how are some other wealthiest ministers in the country Black? What are they doing for the poverty epidemic? Is anyone calling them to charge on the ultra exclusive lifestyles they live? How can Creflo Dollar, T.D. Jakes, Eddie Long, Kirby Caldwell, Charles E.Blake, and 45 other men be making as much as $400,000 annually to preach the word of God? Please do not think I am not a believer, I am. But I am also pragmatic and can see through this web of foolishness and deceit. Everyone who claims to be of the Lord is not. Do not be fooled there are many false prophets. I know this morning @ New Mt. Pleasant Missionary Baptist Church in Inglewood, the word of God was being preached and the spirit of the Lord was present. There was no VIP parking or entrance. No one mentioned paying for blessings and no one made me feel as if I were not included. 
   Los Angeles and Atlanta have some of the highest unemployment and foreclosure rates and we also have some of the largest mega churches. What are the churches doing with all the tithes and offerings? Can the mega church pastors cut back their lifestyles for the members of their flocks? If Eddie Long and Creflo Dollar can afford to fire up private jets at $30,000 one way, how many members of their congregations could they employee or educate? Not to mention that President Obama traveled on Eddie Long's jet throughout the primary season while running for president. (Wonder who paid for fuel?) Millions of dollars are flowing through black churches all over the country and although I see beautiful buildings what are the churches doing with all the money? How could Eddie Long afford a multi-million dollar settlement? I really do not understand why a pastor of God would need to drive a Ferrari or a Bentley Coupe. Especially if he doesn't have another job and members of his church may be catching the bus to church. Christians are supposed to be different. Flashy clothing, flashy cars and flashy jewelry are images of the world Satan rules so why would a man or woman of God want to appear to be of that world? No, I do not believe God wants us to be deprived and miserable, but greed and overindulgence are not an element of his plan. When you stand up and profess to be called by the Most High God you have a responsibility to win souls for Christ and lead by example. Living in a mansion in Bel-Air while many members of your congregation are being put out in the street is not the example the Lord set for his followers. I pray that my brothers and sisters in Christ can start to look past the celebrities, the choir, the marble floors and bright lights and see the church as God intended. The church is a free clinic for sick souls; there is no co-pay or hidden fees. Jesus paid it all!



 http://thechurchladyblogs.com/category/religious-blogs/

Click on the link for more info on the church... 

Proceed with Caution

10 comments:

  1. this is so true Yolanda....I love what your doing and I applaud you... keep this up and your going straight to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALRIGHT YO!!! OMG!!! THIS IS SOOOO TRUE!!! THERE WILL BE PLENTY THAT SAY, "DIDN'T I PREACH IN YOUR NAME???" AND THE LORD IS GONNA TELL THEM "I NEVER KNEW YOU!"… IT IS A SAD DAY WHEN FOLKS START OFF WITH THE INTENTION OF WINNING SOULS FOR CHRIST, AND GET CAUGHT UP WITH THE THINGS OF THIS WORLD THAT WILL PASS… JESUS WAS ALL ABOUT SERVING OTHERS!!! I KNOW IT'S NOT ONLY OUR RACE (AFRICAN AMERICANS) THAT HAVE THE PROBLEM OF SELFISHNESS, BUT WE SUFFER THE MOST, SO WHEN WE ARE PUT IN A PLACE WHERE WE ARE ABLE TO HELP SOMEONE ELSE, WE SHOULD TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO BLESS SOMEBODY, WE'RE ONLY GONNA REAP MORE BLESSINGS ANYWAY!!! CAST YOUR BREAD ON THE WATER FOR THEY SHALL RETURN TO YOU! AS LONG AS I HAVE BREATH I WILL SERVE THE PEOPLE OF GOD, I WILL LOVE THOSE THAT DESPISE ME AND HATE ME, I WILL DO MY BEST TO REP MY DADDY-I AM NOT PERFECT, BUT HE IS WORKING PERFECTION INTO ME THROUGH THE HOLY GHOST!!! I HOPE TO INSTILL EVERY GOOD THING INTO MY BABY SO THAT SHE TOO WILL TOUCH THOSE WHO ARE UNTOUCHABLE, THOSE WHO ARE CONFUSED, AND ANYONE WHO TO OTHERS IS UNDESIRABLE.. WE ARE HERE TO HELP ONE ANOTHER, EVERYBODY IS SPECIAL AND CALLED TO A HIGHER PURPOSE, LET US LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND SHOW LOVE TO ALL! THANK YOU YO FOR SHARING THIS AND WE TOGETHER CAN MAKE SURE WE WALK THE WALK AND BE THE WALKING WORD TO THOSE WHO HAVE BAD EXPERIENCES WITH SO CALLED CHRISTIANDOM…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sunshine, you know folks get quiet when the subject is a little touchy! Feedback is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squeeze I know you feel me! Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ONCE WAS BLIND,BUT NOW I SEE...KEEP SHINING YOUR LIGHT MRS.CARTER,AND REMEMBER,'HE WHO EXALTS HIMSELF,SHALL BE HUMBLED,AND HE WHO HUMBLES HIMSELF,SHALL BE EXALTED...STAY BLESSED!!! BK-POOH

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has taken me a while to collect my thoughts on this subject. My experiences with "the church" have been documented in a lot of my poetry and rants to friends. My issue has always been these pastors get up and are totally decked out asking me to put in 10% of my hard earned money to fund their bmw's rolex habit sayin the church needs the lights to stay on...hell then skip your bmw payment to keep em on...it is for this reason i have abandoned formal churches, I keep God in my heart and in my actions. Man is too fallible to trust with faith in my opinion. I wont even broach the topic of a pastor named Dollar... thank you for a fantastic article.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Von, I know many people choose not to worship for this reason, and it is unfortunate because there are many ways people like you could benefit the church. Salvation is a gift just as life is and for anyone to put a price tag on it is totally against what Jesus taught his followers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My father just spoke about this at my aunt funeral 2 weeks ago and this has been on my mind since that day we need more people to open their eyes... GOD'S WORD ISN'T FOR SALE AND SALVATION IS FREE!!!!

    ReplyDelete