Friday, October 14, 2011

Stop Blaming Others...

I always point the finger at someone. My husband did this. Or my brothers did not do that. My friend should have done such and such. Guess what, if I did everything I am supposed to do, I would not have time to worry about everything they did not do. Focusing on the negative gets me caught up in negativity and prohibits me from moving in a positive direction. Of course, I could complain all day but I choose to be grateful for positive aspects of my life. Having a supportive spouse is more important to me than the fact I can't get him to cook. Having two brothers who care about my family and assist me whenever they can, is more important than me harping on the things they do not do. I must admit I am a work in progress. There are days when I am on one and I get caught up in negative thoughts and have my pity party. On those days, I stay to myself and attempt to pray the negative thoughts away. Of course it is much easier to blame someone else. I'm not forced to look at all things that I am not doing right. God has me in the position to make a difference in my world. Sending out messages to my friends and family is important because I know we are all going through hell right now. Unfortunately for many of us, the hell we are going through we walked into on our own. Bad decisions and poor planning has us where we want to blame others when in fact we should be putting the blame where it belongs. Luckily for us we have an opportunity to change or current plight and move forward in God's grace. Accepting responsibility for yourself and your circumstance is the first step to changing direction and following the narrow road which leads to happiness. Take a look in the rear view mirror and remember where you have been, but don't look too long because you need to focus on where you are going

Proceed with Caution!

Yolanda, Headed for Success

2 comments:

  1. YO,I SAY THIS WITH ALL HONESTY,EVERY WORD YOU WROTE,I HAVE BEEN SPEAKING TO OTHERS FOR YEARS.I SEE YOU SEE THE LIGHT,MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY.KEEP SHINING ON OTHERS.

    ReplyDelete