Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Did You Know Men Don't Like Fake Hair?

Today I talked to one of my close male friends. He expressed his distaste for all of the what he referred to as "fake shit". He told me about a party he attended where 75% of all the ladies were wearing; fake hair, fake nails, artificial eyelashes and too much make-up. He said they looked like monsters. He said the eyelashes were the WORST! I attempted to explain to him the different reasons why women prefer weaves, wigs and braids but he was not having it. This man is handsome,educated, employed, heterosexual and single.I have known him for years and he is one of the most sincere men I know. He is active in his daughter's life and would like to meet someone who is not what he referred to as "fake." No, I am not looking for a date for my friend but I am sending women out there a message, "less is more". My mother told me this when I was a teenager. I have practiced this mantra all my life and it works pretty well. I have never had a hard time finding people to date. Many times the things women break their necks to do, men not only don't notice, they do not like it. So enough already, with the rainbow hair, multi-color nails in 3-D and tattooed necks. Let's get back to basics and I'm sure we will see different results. FYI----Please do not shoot the messenger.

1 comment:

  1. A very refreshing point. I wish sistas knew just how beautiful they are in their natural skin. It is true that modern/professional black men are looking for and longing for natural women who know how to work with what they have. Life is tough enough without coming home to a woman who at home looks nothing like she does out in public.

    Imagine a world where money spent on weaves, fake nails, fake eyelashes, fake implants, and the like was spent on enrichment of the mind, education, savings, or the growth and promotion of a happy family. (And NOT at the expense of looking good either, just put down the OWH - Other women's hair)

    Oh how I wish the "augmented" sistas would open their eyes and see the wonderful possibilities of detaching from the European capitalist consumer slave complex that has fooled them into believing that Black men like weaves and fake hair. We do not. Save your hard earned money, go get you a Black King, create some beautiful Black babies and do the damn thing!! I'm with you on this one Yolanda. It is OK to be a natural queen, and this is from the lips of a King. ;)

    ReplyDelete