Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day

Monday was Memorial Day. Memories of fallen soldiers who have served our country. No one in my immediate family has been killed in the military. Today I am remembering the family and friends who have died. I have lost too many close friends in the war in our country. The war that African-Americans are fighting with each other. Gangs, drugs, money, women and jealousy have taken the lives of people near and dear to my heart. I wonder why no one has a day set aside to remember them? People like John Mack who was killed in 1987 going to the mail box, he was supposed to call me right back, he never did. Or what about Rodney"Black-Bart" he was on his way to pick me up from my Aunt's house on Thanksgiving; he didn't make it either. Or how about Kyiara Morrow-Love she would be graduating from high school this year if someone did not kill her when she was only two-years-old. Soldiers know when they board military planes they may not come back but the people I just listed had know idea that day was their last day. I think of them all the time but mostly on days like this, days when everyone is laughing, eating and drinking and they are not present. The list goes on and on but this my memorial day : In Memory of; Finniel Davidson, Virginia Hill;Deon Griffin; Buford Bates Jr.; Jerome; Craig Bridges; Cosie; Rachel; Patrice; Nicky Bam; Kevin Copeland; Dano; Chris Beard; Patrick Johnson; Gladys Waugh; Cynthia Swancy; James Stewart; Lamont Ford; Dannie Grayson; Bruce "Genius"; Donald "Blazer D"; Malik Price; Carla Daniels; Kevin Wickes; La Tasha Harland; Andre' Evans; I could continue for pages but these are people who will not have a special day to be remembered but the people who knew them and loved them remember them daily. This is my Memorial Day for the ones we lost.They are gone from earth but will never be forgotten!
(bold reflects murder victims)

No comments:

Post a Comment